Have a drink. It might help that mortis attitude of yours.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

So it’s been a bit…

O.k. I don’t even know how many people are reading this anymore, how many of the Crazy 88s are still being crazy for me. Did I just make a Madonna reference? Completely unintentional, I promise. So what happened? Why did I just drop off the face of the blogsphere? Here is my moment of explanation.

The simple explanation: I stopped reading comics and thus had nothing to blog about.

The not so simple explanation: As all my readers came from either The Absorbascon or Seven Hells! I am taking for granted the fact that you guys know well enough about the unfortunate happenings at Big Monkey. Without going into details and or anything, it sucked. It sucked to be in that environment and it was very, very stressful. Every time I picked up a comic I got the same stressed out, knotted up shoulder feeling. So I stopped reading comics. I did not stop buying comics, mind you. I have three foot-high stacks of unread titles that my wife is starting to get on me about bagging and boarding. I did stop reading, with the exception of a few books. So there it is. Not reading comics leads to not having much to say.

That brings us to now. For all of you who have sent me messages asking about a new podcast, I will say nothing is impossible. It will not be the same line up (for obvious reasons) but it may just happen again. As for me and my blogging, well I have started catching up on my weeklies, started cleaning my house, started getting excited again. Except for Secret Invasion, that still looks like some crap.

And I can say that there is something awesome in the works, something very, very awesome. So stay tuned.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

do I know you?

is it ironic that your last comic post was about Countdown Arena?

2:08 PM

 
Blogger The Kid from Jersey said...

Yay! The Ben is back! But, um, shouldn't you clean your links up?

9:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#76, here.

Good to have you back, sir. You've been missed.

3:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr.BenHatton LIVES!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back, Ben. The blogoverse is better for your being in it.

Let me know if you are serious about the podcast, because I'd get all up in that this time around.

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about all the stress.

9:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back -

I have no idea what happened at Big Monkey,
but it sounds like you're starting to move ahead again.

Stay positive!

8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home